New Zealand Ford Owners Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Ford Owners Forum

+2
FJ
FORDACE
6 posters

FORD SPONSORSHIP

FORDACE
    FORDACE

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

FORD SPONSORSHIP Empty FORD SPONSORSHIP

Post by FORDACE Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:38 am

I was told today that Ford is pulling its backing from DJR and 888 and will only back SBR and FPR is this true or is someone winding me up?? anyone else heard anything??

FORD SPONSORSHIP Empty Re: FORD SPONSORSHIP

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:44 am

yes it is true its on the v8 website

www.v8supercars.com.au
    FORDACE
    FORDACE

Number of posts : 138

Post by FORDACE Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:48 am

Thanks for that. I hope the give more to the teams they are backing then.
    FJ
    FJ

Number of posts : 3225

Post by FJ Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:35 pm

Got this sent to Me yesterday

Changing times

Ford Australia today confirmed ongoing significant investment in V8 Supercar racing as part of the company's diversified sponsorship portfolio.

Ford's involvement in V8 Supercars will remain the company's single largest sponsorship and category investment however, moving forward, the company will target enhanced return on its motorsport investment through leveraging activities more closely linked to its performance car line-up.

"Motorsport is a key part of our brand strength in Australia," said Ford Australia Marketing & Sales Vice President Mark Winslow.

"The passion it generates amongst performance car enthusiasts is second-to-none, which is why it will continue to be important for our brand going forward. However, as the market diversifies and consumers face an ever-increasing array of vehicle choices, it is imperative that we target our vehicles and accompanying marketing messages in a manner that reflects that diversity.

"Like we do with our involvement with the Geelong Football Club, Cricket Australia and the National Breast Cancer Foundation, we will be looking to more proactively tie our motorsport sponsorship to relevant brand communications - particularly across our performance vehicle range."

As a result, from 2009 onwards, Ford Australia will target its direct motorsport sponsorship towards two successful race teams which provide a high level of leveraging opportunities and are integral to the performance success of the Ford brand.

Ford Performance Racing (FPR) and Stone Brothers Racing (SBR) will both benefit from ongoing sponsorship support from Ford Australia, while also working more closely together to deliver world-class engineering packages and resulting race wins for the FG Falcon.

Other currently sponsored Ford teams will also continue to be supported through the transition to racing the FG Falcon with the provision of initial FG race car shells, a crash panel program and ongoing engineering and technical support.

The company's long-standing sponsorship of the Formula Ford Championship will also continue, along with support for other motorsport feeder categories.

"A closer collaboration between Ford Performance Racing and Stone Brothers Racing will have race-win benefits for Ford, while also allowing us to be more involved in the positioning and marketing of the Ford brand in association with those two teams," said Winslow.

"Both teams will continue to run at least two cars each in the V8 Supercar Championship and all four of them will be predominantly blue, which will make them easily recognisable as Ford-supported vehicles.

"The increasingly competitive nature of the Australian automotive market makes it imperative that we have control and direction over how our brand is represented in every segment in which we compete.

"This more targeted strategy, in conjunction with our ongoing support for other Ford teams and sponsorship of the Formula Ford Championship, will allow us to obtain the best possible return for our investment."

FPR and SBR are long-time Ford teams with complementary areas of development capability. Ford Racing Manager Ray Price expects that closer collaboration between the two will have positive results for both teams.

"FPR is one of the dominant forces in V8 Supercars," said Price. "With expertise in all race applications, FPR will provide outstanding support to SBR and other Ford teams in the series.

"SBR is renowned for its engine development capability and will continue to play a leading role in ongoing development of the FG race engine. The combined knowledge of both teams can only bring positive results for the Ford brand in the V8 Supercar Championship."

Closer links between Ford's performance vehicle range and marquee drivers such as Craig Lowndes will also be generated as a result of the company's targeted approach to its V8 Supercar involvement.

"We look forward to working closely with Craig and other Ford-aligned drivers to link our performance success more closely to our relevant brand communications," said Winslow.

In addition, Ford will continue its long-standing sponsorship of the Formula Ford Championship.

"Formula Ford is the best possible entrance to racing available to young drivers," said Price. "It has played an integral role in the development of rising stars for many years and we look forward to continuing that association."
    Tattooedirish2

Number of posts : 969
    Registration date : 2008-04-01

Post by Tattooedirish2 Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:04 pm

I think is a bit sad really for DJ.Being the legend that he is.I'm sure he is gutted but he will bounce back because he's done it before.

Last edited by Tattooedirish2 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ThMule
    ThMule

Number of posts : 960
    Registration date : 2008-04-07

Post by ThMule Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Tattooedirish2 wrote:I think is a bit dad really for DJ.

Good case for petitioning the bosses for a spill chucker!
    Q
    Q

Number of posts : 870
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

Post by Q Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:44 pm

starling wrote:
    Tattooedirish2 wrote:I think is a bit dad really for DJ.

Good case for petitioning the bosses for a spill chucker!
    The last "Boss" I asked for one a dose, didn't magic one eiver.... :hello: Morning Starling how is you??
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:57 pm

The Boss is working on a spell checker Great

Got this from a mate too. Shocked

In the wake of news that Ford will not back TeamVodafone next year, team owner Roland Dane has confirmed that he has been in talks with Toyota.

As reported in the latest edition of V8X magazine, Toyota Motorsport Manager, Todd Connolly, admitted that he has regular meetings with “a prominent V8 Supercar team owner”.

Dane confirmed that he is that man.

“We have not only spoken to Toyota, but other people in the industry over a long period of time just to understand what the demand is for the market,” he said.

Dane said those people were also from manufacturers other than Toyota, but he would not confirm which ones.

He said the talks were “for the category; not necessarily just for Triple Eight” and had taken place over a number of years.

V8 Supercars Australia is yet to relax the rules which currently allow only Ford and Holden to compete in the Championship, but many in the industry speculate it is only a matter of time.

The news that TeamVodafone is in talks with other manufacturers comes after Ford’s revelation that it will only sponsor Ford Performance Racing and Stone Brothers Racing from 2009.

Dane said Ford wasn’t the team’s biggest sponsor “by a long way” and that the announcement was “one of those things” that happened.

“When a sponsor goes, you go about replacing them,” he said.

“We’ve got fantastic sponsors and we’re always keen to maximize our financial position so now we’re out looking for more.”

But Dane said reports that TeamVodafone could run Commodores next year were inaccurate.

“I said, ‘never say never’.

“We’re committed to running a package that we’re already working on for next year and that won’t change.”

However, he didn’t to refer to that “package” as a Ford Falcon.

“It will definitely be a Triple Eight built Supercar,” he cleverly commented.

Dane said the reason Ford gave for pulling funding from the red and silver liveried team was because “our cars are not blue enough”.

Dane said it was not just money that stopped TeamVodafone from switching to a blue paint scheme.

“It’s how these sponsors are travelling, their involvement and the demographic of their market,” he said.

Dane said the conflict at Sandown where TeamVodafone driver Craig Lowndes was not able to drive the new FG Supercar because he could not wear a blue Ford racing suit would not have been a factor in Ford pulling funding from the team.

“I’m sure the decision was made long before that,” he said.

“Ford would have been aware a long time before Sandown that Craig’s contract was that he had to wear that team uniform.

“If it had been done as a separate press day he could have worn the Ford suit.

“I haven’t introduced that; it’s an absolutely standard situation.

“You can’t expect people to give you money based on an agreement and then you don’t go and do it.”

Dane said Ford pulling its sponsorship from the team would not mean Lowndes, who is a Ford contracted driver, would switch teams.

“I wouldn’t think so, when he (also) has a contract with us,” Dane said.

“He’s happy and we’re certainly very happy with him.

“I don’t want to lose Craig next year or even the year after that.”

Author:Briar Gunther
    Source:BigPond Sport
    Tattooedirish2

Post by Tattooedirish2 Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:17 am

I must admit when I'm typing I go so fast and must hit the wrong key sometimes. lol!
    CrazyJeff
    CrazyJeff

Number of posts : 245

Post by CrazyJeff Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:01 am

Latest gossip is that you can expect a similar line to come out of GM soon with only two teams getting support next year.
    Tattooedirish2

Post by Tattooedirish2 Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:51 pm

CrazyJeff wrote:Latest gossip is that you can expect a similar line to come out of GM soon with only two teams getting support next year.

Why is this?Is it due to rising petrol costs?the economy?
    CrazyJeff
    CrazyJeff

Number of posts : 245

Post by CrazyJeff Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:49 am

It's simply a cost management exercise. Costs for V8 Supercar sponsorship is getting too expensive. There is a global decline in vehicle sales, particularly for the V8's. Both Ford & GM are looking to manage their costs.
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:32 am

I was at the FPR factory today and have photos of the guys getting the cars ready for the next race. FORD SPONSORSHIP 107667
    Tattooedirish2

Post by Tattooedirish2 Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:29 am

cool. Thumbs Up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:34 pm