New Zealand Ford Owners Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Ford Owners Forum

4 posters

Tander In A Ford?

FJ
    FJ

Number of posts : 3225
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

Tander In A Ford? Empty Tander In A Ford?

Post by FJ Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:05 am

GARTH Tander could be the next star to leap over the V8 Supercar manufacturers’ divide … to race a Ford next season. Tander is in discussion with Holden Racing Team management about his future but he has indicated to eNews that he has options other than Holden’s factory team. He would not elaborate on these, but sources tell us that there have been discussions within a number of rival teams – including two Ford teams – about the former Bathurst winner and Championship winner’s future.“We are in discussions [with HRT] for next year,” he said on Monday. “But there are … there are options available to me. “I do not see any massive issues. We would not be working ahead on some of the issues if HRT was not my preference. “That is why we are doing it now; the team’s arrangements [with Holden, confirmed last week] had to be out of the way so we could talk about this.” Walkinshaw Racing’s Craig Wilson confirmed that Tander, who has raced only in Holdens during his decade-long V8 Supercar career, was out of contract at the end of the season, but added that there was an option on his services for next season. eNews sources report than TeamVodafone was approached “by a third party” to sound out the Ford team about Tander prior to last month’s announcement that current drivers Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes, along with major sponsor Vodafone, were re-signing for three years. Team boss Roland Dane declined to clarify that at Sandown on the weekend. “It is no secret that there are a number of drivers who would like to be here,” he smiled, “but we have our two drivers.” Of course, the recent news that the team was switching to Holdens next season – first reported in eNews last Monday – would mean that had the team taken Tander on board, he would have stayed a Commodore man. However, we further believe that Ford Performance Racing, which has plans to expand beyond its current two entries, has at least discussed Tander as a potential driver. The team’s Director of Business Operations Mark Roworth would not shine any specific light on the subject at Sandown. “We have plans to go to more than two cars,” he said. “That is not news; you have reported that. So, with three cars, or four, we would obviously need more drivers and want them to be race winners. There are some drivers out there who fit that description …” Any expansion in entries would require that the team acquired at least one new licence. There are a number that are seen to be potentially available, including the Rod Nash licence, currently in use
    Wotif
    Wotif

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

Tander In A Ford? Empty Re: Tander In A Ford?

Post by Wotif Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:26 am

Obviously the did not take any notice of the email i sent them about being available.No they just go into talks with a has been. Good luck to them
    v8duke

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Post by v8duke Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:19 am

thought i read somewhere tander had already resigned for a further 12 months with hrt ??
    FORDACE
    FORDACE

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

Post by FORDACE Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:55 am

That would be a bit of a shock for Holden if Ford pulled that off. We need some more in form drivers for next season. I wonder how he would go in a fast car???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:15 am