New Zealand Ford Owners Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Ford Owners Forum

+6
FORDACE
TheOtherhalf
FJ
Zamiam
CrazyJeff
FPV 521
10 posters

Test Drove an FG F6 (Some pics to)

FPV 521

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2008-04-21

Test Drove an FG F6 (Some pics to) Empty Test Drove an FG F6 (Some pics to)

Post by FPV 521 Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:11 pm

Finally got my hands on one of these today and man o man what a monster.
    I knew it would be quick but these things are just amazing.
    When I took off for the first time, my first three words were F... F... F...

It totally blew me away, will write more of a review tomorrow and here are a couple of shots I took.
    I now see why the reviews of this car are so good, just mindblowing.
    Test Drove an FG F6 (Some pics to) 008
    Test Drove an FG F6 (Some pics to) 003
    CrazyJeff
    CrazyJeff

Number of posts : 245
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

Test Drove an FG F6 (Some pics to) Empty Re: Test Drove an FG F6 (Some pics to)

Post by CrazyJeff Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:29 pm

The car looks nice but the back wing is a bit understated.
    FPV 521

Post by FPV 521 Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:06 pm

I thought so as well when I saw it in pictures, but it is wider and quite curvy.
    You can find my review and other pics here:
    http://capphotography.fotopic.net/c1566277.html
    Zamiam
    Zamiam

Number of posts : 471

Post by Zamiam Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:33 pm

Good write up - have you drive a FG XR6T and/or a BA/BF F6? If so how does it compare?
    FJ
    FJ

Number of posts : 3225

Post by FJ Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:24 am

Nice review mate and bloody nice photos too. Thumbs Up

So do you think you'll go with the F6 or GT now??
    FPV 521

Post by FPV 521 Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:28 am

I havent driven a BF F6 or FG XR6 Turbo to compare but the guy who came along on the test drive has and said the F6 if just something else and he is right.
    I really dont know what to buy now as FPV have made it really tough but will make my mind up in a week or two, either way they are both great cars.
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:43 am

I wonder if Zam could go and drive an FG XR6T and compare it with his Tornado, because once things quiet down here after Xmas, I will be upgrading the Ute, to either an XR6T or XR8. When I get time I will take an FG XR6T for a spin but it would be good know if the new FG is like the BF F6 from someone who has one.

I want the premium 7" command centre in the Ute but the sedans have them as standard and You can buy the FG XR6T for the same price as the XR8 Ute, and if I option on the premium command centre in the XR8 Ute it'll only be about $500 less than buying an XR8 sedan that has all the bits I want.........If I did buy the sedan I could still call it a Ute c/w Canopy??. Smile Thumbs Up
    TheOtherhalf
    TheOtherhalf
    Admin

Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

Post by TheOtherhalf Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:52 am

We saw a Black FG Falcon in Petone today and put a flier under the windscreen.

Is it my imagination or has the new black a 'wet' look to it?
    FORDACE
    FORDACE

Number of posts : 138

Post by FORDACE Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:23 am

FPV 521 wrote:I havent driven a BF F6 or FG XR6 Turbo to compare but the guy who came along on the test drive has and said the F6 if just something else and he is right.
    I really dont know what to buy now as FPV have made it really tough but will make my mind up in a week or two, either way they are both great cars.
    I don't think it will matter what you buy. You will be very happy the FG FPV's they are great cars. The can't be bad when the only thing you don't like is the door handles!! Good luck with whatever you choose.
    FPV 521

Post by FPV 521 Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:13 am

yip, thats what I am thinking as well, they are both great cars and either way any one would be happy.
    Hows the big GT going?
    FORDACE
    FORDACE

Number of posts : 138

Post by FORDACE Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:26 pm

FPV 521 wrote:yip, thats what I am thinking as well, they are both great cars and either way any one would be happy.
    Hows the big GT going?
    Fantastic. can't keep out of it. my bf was a nice car but the fg is just exceptional. and cheaper than BF too which helps!
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:29 pm

I'm in Chch today and I'm going to take a FG XR8 for spin at 9.30am and cant wait. Its bloody windy here in Chch today so I hope I can get to have a good drive of it. Embarassed

I was having a bit of a look around the two Ford yards last night and there's a few nice FG's around, Team Hutch who I deal with have an orange FG GT, an Ego GT and a white F6 in the showroom too. Great

But I was having a look out in the yard last night and they have a nice Ego BF GT-P its done 17km and its only $55k so its not much more than the FG XR8 and its a very tempting looking car too. Shocked

They also have a Black, manual Typhoon that's done 45km for $36k which I thought isn't too bad of a price.
    Tattooedirish2

Number of posts : 969
    Registration date : 2008-04-01

Post by Tattooedirish2 Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:10 pm

FJ wrote:I'm in Chch today and I'm going to take a FG XR8 for spin at 9.30am and cant wait. Its bloody windy here in Chch today so I hope I can get to have a good drive of it. Embarassed

I was having a bit of a look around the two Ford yards last night and there's a few nice FG's around, Team Hutch who I deal with have an orange FG GT, an Ego GT and a white F6 in the showroom too. Great

But I was having a look out in the yard last night and they have a nice Ego BF GT-P its done 17km and its only $55k so its not much more than the FG XR8 and its a very tempting looking car too. Shocked

They also have a Black, manual Typhoon that's done 45km for $36k which I thought isn't too bad of a price.

So are you going back to a sedan FJ?
    FPV 521

Post by FPV 521 Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:42 am

let us know how you go mate.
    I have a meeting in Christchurch next week so will have another quick drive of a GT before making my final decision.
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:04 am

Don't know what I'll buy but a sedan might be the better option for my needs Very Happy

If I had to describe the FG XR8 in one word Gav it would be "Wow" I have driven the XR6 and thought that was pretty damn good, but the XR8 is just another class above, although the engine is brand new there is still a huge difference over the B-series, Power comes on a lot quicker it feels as though it is there all the time, the handling is a lot better, and the interior is a lot user friendly, because this car is going to be my personal car and not on the books as a "Work" car I am limited to My budget so an XR8 it will be, but never say never there could be a good deal on an ex-demo FPV then I'd be in. Twisted Evil
    FPV 521

Post by FPV 521 Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:44 am

That all sounds pretty good.
    You mentioned the BF GT-P and I thought you would probably prefer the FG as they are a great step up from the BF, well the new GT feels a lot more refined than my BF2 GT was.
    I am at a meeting in Christcurch on Wednesday to hopefully drive an FG GT with a few ks on it as the one I drove was a bit tight so will be interesting to see how it goes.
    Below is a shot of the 5th anniversary GT, what do you guys think?
    Has leather, 6 pot brembos, new wheels limited to 200 in black or silver as well as monogramed mats and seats. Not sure what they are worth here but in Aus it sounds like they are $5500 above RRP
    Test Drove an FG F6 (Some pics to) 5TH_GT_SILVER
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:21 pm

I'll be buying an FG mate but I thought the BF GT-P was not too bad of a price for what your getting, but why buy a 290kw BF GT when I can buy a 290kw XR8 and have and all round better car or Ute. Great

I'm not a fan of the 5th Anniversary GT's wheels mate and it seems as though FPV like to bring one limited (200) car out after another, but if the price is $5500 Aussie more then you seem to be paying that extra for the extras........Look at the Cobra and GT40th, they are limited models but they haven't increased in value, I reckon save A$5500 or NZ$7000 and buy a GT, it has better wheels and both cars have the same engine too. Embarassed

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:28 am

You need a Cobra 302 Smile
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:50 am

Too expensive. Embarassed
    FPV 521

Post by FPV 521 Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:29 am

FJ wrote:I'll be buying an FG mate but I thought the BF GT-P was not too bad of a price for what your getting, but why buy a 290kw BF GT when I can buy a 290kw XR8 and have and all round better car or Ute. Great

I'm not a fan of the 5th Anniversary GT's wheels mate and it seems as though FPV like to bring one limited (200) car out after another, but if the price is $5500 Aussie more then you seem to be paying that extra for the extras........Look at the Cobra and GT40th, they are limited models but they haven't increased in value, I reckon save A$5500 or NZ$7000 and buy a GT, it has better wheels and both cars have the same engine too. Embarassed

I am after a blue car this time so silver and black is out for me.
    Not a fan of spending hours cleaning the mags on the 5th anniversary car.
    The 6 pot brakes alone are $6000 on the FPV site so probably not to bad but you are not gar off a GTP by the time you add the extra cost.
    4Dluvergirl
    4Dluvergirl

Number of posts : 772

Post by 4Dluvergirl Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:36 am

FJ wrote:Too expensive. Embarassed

Rolling Eyes Guess this post should be deleted Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing or was it just you got such an awesome deal :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:41 am

Test Drove an FG F6 (Some pics to) 5thgtsilvergp8.th

Dont you love those wheels ?? N O T

Last edited by F6 R on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    FNTMV8
    FNTMV8

Number of posts : 396
    Registration date : 2008-03-19

Post by FNTMV8 Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:42 am

How does that saying go..... Somethign about money burning a hole in your pocket.... Rolling Eyes Test Drove an FG F6 (Some pics to) 983177
    4Dluvergirl
    4Dluvergirl

Post by 4Dluvergirl Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:46 am

Very Happy Think you and me are in the wrong job! Embarassed Ooooops! I dont have one Test Drove an FG F6 (Some pics to) 400154
    4Dluvergirl
    4Dluvergirl

Post by 4Dluvergirl Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:47 am

Those wheels are cheap looking IMO Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:10 pm