New Zealand Ford Owners Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Ford Owners Forum

+8
4DPrincess
4Dluvergirl
351GT
Tattooedirish2
FNTMV8
H0WL1N
FJ
FPV 521
12 posters

Any pics and are you getting one?

4Dluvergirl
    4Dluvergirl

Number of posts : 772
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any pics and are you getting one?

Post by 4Dluvergirl Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:45 pm

Except for the ugly aerial in the middle of the roof! Wouldnt buy one over that ugly thing. Sooooo Euro. YUCK!
    H0WL1N
    H0WL1N
    Sheriff

Number of posts : 1509
    Registration date : 2008-03-17

Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any pics and are you getting one?

Post by H0WL1N Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Wont take much to change the aerial Ma Very Happy Very Happy
    FJ
    FJ

Number of posts : 3225

Post by FJ Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:04 am

I reckon the spoiler looks like the AU one. :face:

Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 2cb342081d
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:07 am

Is this an FG or Mondeo??. Embarassed

Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 9750cd6876
    351GT

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2008-03-19

Post by 351GT Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:58 am

thats definitely a mondeo!!!!! ( with the chrome wheel paint on the grilles )
    4DPrincess

Number of posts : 149
    Registration date : 2008-03-27

Post by 4DPrincess Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:20 pm

I think it is very classy and I bet they sell more FG Fairmont thingys than they ever sold BA/BF ones. BA/BF ones looked hardly any different to any other model but these look very classy and European and that is the sort of market they are intended for. Not just rev heads like FJ. Surprised
    4Dluvergirl
    4Dluvergirl

Post by 4Dluvergirl Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:30 pm

A market for princesses aye Caron? Twisted Evil Laughing
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:55 pm

4DPrincess wrote:I think it is very classy and I bet they sell more FG Fairmont thingys than they ever sold BA/BF ones. BA/BF ones looked hardly any different to any other model but these look very classy and European and that is the sort of market they are intended for. Not just rev heads like FJ. Surprised

I might just buy one of them Fairmont Turbo thingys, cos I'm a very classy guy. Cool Cool Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:17 am

cos you're a very assy guy. lmao Laughing
    4DPrincess

Post by 4DPrincess Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:33 am

No I dont need one Pocket. I am just getting used to my little taxi. :confused:
    4DPrincess

Post by 4DPrincess Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:34 am

FJ wrote:

I might just buy one of them Fairmont Turbo thingys, cos I'm a very classy guy. Cool Cool Very Happy

You cant trick me now. I've met you.... Shocked
    4Dluvergirl
    4Dluvergirl

Post by 4Dluvergirl Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:20 am

4DPrincess wrote:No I dont need one Pocket. I am just getting used to my little taxi. :confused:

At least you got the best colour bounce bounce bounce Very Happy
    4Dluvergirl
    4Dluvergirl

Post by 4Dluvergirl Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:48 am

4DPrincess wrote:
    FJ wrote:

Shocked Ouuuuccchhh :face: Thats just gotta hurt :pale: :king: Laughing Laughing Laughing
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:22 am

4DPrincess wrote:
    FJ wrote:

And I'm an absolute Gentleman aren't I?...........Very respectful to women also. Smile Smile

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:42 am

Are You ??? No
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:58 am

Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 2862045650103328567iVDamd_th

Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 2668163510103328567NlnaCi_th

Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 2894357110103328567HynXOE_th

Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 2025952820103328567VpLADz_th
    FPV 521

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2008-04-21

Post by FPV 521 Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:34 am

FJ wrote:Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 2862045650103328567iVDamd_th

Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 2668163510103328567NlnaCi_th

Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 2894357110103328567HynXOE_th

Any pics and are you getting one? - Page 2 2025952820103328567VpLADz_th

Very, very nice, thanks for posting , the more I look at the FG the more I like it and think I will have to get an XR 8 in the darker blue but havent seen one that colour yet. Very Happy
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:54 am

They do look a lot better in the flesh mate, I think the BA was a huge success because of the complete change from the AU series to the B-series where the FG (From a Distance) doesn't look too dissimilar, but once You see one in the flesh You really do notice the differences..........The interior is awesome too and whats not to like about getting new FG XR8 with the same motor as the BF FPV's. Twisted Evil
    ThMule
    ThMule

Number of posts : 960
    Registration date : 2008-04-07

Post by ThMule Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:23 pm

FJ wrote:They do look a lot better in the flesh mate, I think the BA was a huge success because of the complete change from the AU series to the B-series where the FG (From a Distance) doesn't look too dissimilar, but once You see one in the flesh You really do notice the differences..........The interior is awesome too and whats not to like about getting new FG XR8 with the same motor as the BF FPV's. Twisted Evil

Is it the same motor as the FPV? I know its 290Kw but the FPV motors are built with steel crank, 6 bolt mains (as opposed to the 260Kw with 4 bolt mains) different cams etc etc ..... or is it just the 260 electronically increased to 290, i would tend to think the latter.
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:36 pm

starling wrote:
    FJ wrote:They do look a lot better in the flesh mate, I think the BA was a huge success because of the complete change from the AU series to the B-series where the FG (From a Distance) doesn't look too dissimilar, but once You see one in the flesh You really do notice the differences..........The interior is awesome too and whats not to like about getting new FG XR8 with the same motor as the BF FPV's. Twisted Evil

Is it the same motor as the FPV? I know its 290Kw but the FPV motors are built with steel crank, 6 bolt mains (as opposed to the 260Kw with 4 bolt mains) different cams etc etc ..... or is it just the 260 electronically increased to 290, i would tend to think the latter.

I guess its the same because from what I have read, FPV are making the engines not like it was in the B-series where FPV made the Turbo and Ford handled the XR8 and Fairmont V8s, this time FPV will be doing the XR6T and XR8 engines. Although the XR6 Turbo doesn't have the same torque figures as the F6 did, but in saying that, the New F6 gains 40kws over the old ones but it only gains 15nm of torque for its 40kws where as the XR6T gains 25kws but gains about 55nm of torque for its 25kw gain so one would imagine that FPV have only increased the boost on the F6 engine.

So in summing up I'd say from what I have read that the XR8 290kw engine will be the same as the previous GT ones because I doubt that FPV will make them more powerful but weaker if You know what I mean. Neutral
    ThMule
    ThMule

Post by ThMule Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:06 pm

Yes but you have to look at the logistics of it. An FPV engine would cost, say 20,000 complete wheras a Falcon engine would only cost 10,000 to build (dont qoute me i'm pulling figures out of the air here)
    so to be competitive on the street pricewise they would not be giving away all that stuff for nothing. besides i would be taking my FPV and shoving it up someones backside if that was the case.
    FJ
    FJ

Post by FJ Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:23 pm

Don't know too much about the figures mate, but maybe your also paying for the name if You know what I mean?.

I'd say You might have to find that rear end and park your car in it, because why would FPV make the XR8 290 engine and not use all the parts that they have in their parts bin and run the risk of engine failure and that would not only cost then a lot of money in repairs but also their brand name of FPV. Embarassed
    ThMule
    ThMule

Post by ThMule Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:53 pm

It was my understanding that the B series XR8 motors came in already assembled and the FPV motors are hand built - i cant see Ford putting that motor in the XR series as they would have no advantage to offer the FPV buyers ......
    4Dluvergirl
    4Dluvergirl

Post by 4Dluvergirl Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:08 pm

Assembled on the only V8 production line in Australia, the Boss 290 engine features a number of unique FPV engine components:

High performance, high compression pistons with domed tops lift the compression ratio to 10.5:1 for the Boss 290 (up from 9.5:1 for the Boss 260) for a major improvement in engine response and overall engine efficiency, particularly under light throttle loads.
    These high strength pistons feature a larger gudgeon pin, larger internal pillars to support the gudgeon pin and a special ring pack to match the high compression, extra power and torque loads.
    Sintered conrods for uniform weight and high strength, tailored to accommodate the larger gudgeon pin and to clear the larger gudgeon support pillars inside each piston – for significant gains in strength and durability.
    Forged steel crankshaft for exceptional refinement and strength under high power and torque loads – each Boss 290 crankshaft undergoes a special balancing process prior to assembly to match the new piston and conrod combination for reduced stress on engine components at all engine speeds.
    Cylinder heads are cast in aluminium alloy to minimise weight and to reach optimum operating temperature faster – they feature an improved Cobra R design with a straighter, better breathing inlet port for better performance.
    High-lift inlet camshaft that increases valve lift to 13 mm (10 mm in Boss 260) for improved inlet flow, fast response and easy-revving high performance feel.
    High-lift exhaust camshaft that increases exhaust valve lift to 12 mm (10 mm in Boss 260) for more efficient exhaust gas clearance.
    Longer valve stems and springs to match the high-lift camshafts for longer reach and improved gas flow in and out of the combustion chamber.
    Longer finger followers to match the higher cam profile and ensure accurate valve control through the extremities of valve lift.
    Locally-manufactured inlet manifold with tuned length trumpets to match the head design, delivering strong torque at lower engine speeds and power at high rpm.
    A larger-entry, free flowing airbox that provides more efficient airflow into the induction system, aiding performance and significantly reducing induction noise.
    A 75mm throttle body with drive-by-wire linkage, which eliminates the noise and vibration path that a mechanical linkage can generate as it enters the cabin. It reduces maintenance, allows more accurate throttle control and optional pedal adjustment on automatic models.
    Locally-manufactured, fabricated stainless steel exhaust headers for a total breathing package to match the performance inlet manifold, high-lift cam profiles and 32-valve heads.
    Engine blueprinting – a highly accurate three-grade engine tolerance system, measured in microns, matches crankshafts, pistons, blocks, conrods and bearings for a perfect fit. Accurate component matching by tolerances and weight delivers improved performance, refinement, durability and fuel efficiency.
    4Dluvergirl
    4Dluvergirl

Post by 4Dluvergirl Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:20 pm

I have watched them assemble the engines too Very Happy AWESOME

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:08 pm